- Shift-drag: Hold down the shift key, then drag the described object.
- Control-drag: Hold down the control key, then drag the described object.
- Control-shift-drag: Hold down both the control key and the shift key, then drag the described object.
- <=>: One of the following relationships:
- less than
- less than or equal to
- equal to
- greater than or equal to
- greater than
- A filled dot () is the intersection of two lines, both with corresponding equations including the equality.
- An empty dot () is the intersection of two lines, one or both with corresponding equations not including the equality.
Control and Keyboard Functions
- Use the slider controls to change the following parameters:
- m and b in the linear relation y <=> mx + b.
- a, b and c in the the linear relation ax + by <=> c.
- n in the linear relation y <=> n.
- n in the linear relation x <=> n.
- Drag the slider thumb to change the value of a parameter. Use the up and down arrow keys to increase or decrease the selected parameter. (Use the keys for fine adjustments.)
- NOTE: If a key doesn't respond:
- position the cursor in the applet frame
- click the mouse button
- try the key again.
- Use the left and right arrow keys to change the selected parameter. The selected parameter will have light blue slider gutters.
- Drag a slider scale to change the range of the scale while maintaining the scale length.
- Drag a location in a slider gutter towards or away from the thumb to change both the range of the scale and the scale length.
- Select the corresponding parameter button to enter a value for a parameter.
- Select the PRECISION button to set number rounding.
- Select the TRACE button to see if the corresponding cursor location is on the graph by using verification.
- Select the RESET button to restore the applet to the initial state.
Graph area functions for y <=> mx + b
- Drag the dot along the y-axis to move the line.
- Drag a location along the line other than the dot to change the slope of the line.
Graph area functions for ax + by <=> c
- Adjust the line by changing the parameters. There are no methods available to adjust the graph in the graph area.
Graph area functions for y <=> n and x <=> n
- Drag a location along the line to move the line.
General graph area functions
- Shift-drag in the graph area to move the entire coordinate system.
- Control-drag in the graph area, towards or away from:
- the x-axis, to change the y-axis scale.
- the y-axis, to change the x-axis scale.
- Control-shift-drag in the graph area to see if the corresponding cursor location is on the graph by using verification.
Keyboard and other functions
- Press a number to make that linear inequality the currently selected one.
- Position the corsor in the graph area then press the "t" key. Pressing a number to make that linear inequality the currently selected one will display information about the cursor position in plane coordinates relative to the selected inequality.
- Use the "RESET" button to restore the applet to the initial state.
RETURN TO GRADE 11 MATHEMATICS APPLET (WCP) SELECTION PAGE
RETURN TO MAIN PAGE